Monday, May 12, 2014

Pinteresting Mother's Day Gifts

Pinterest.  It can be a major inspiration, or a huge waste of time. It all depends on if you actually make or do some of the things you see, or if you just pin and dream.

I tend to do a bit of both. Of course, I am much more successful at making crafty projects than cooking the recipes I find. I am not ashamed to admit that I am the most undomesticated person I know.  Cooking is not my forte. Looking at our house right now, you would assume that I am also vacuum-challenged, and you would be right.

Fortunately, when God opted to spare me the domesticity gene, he replaced it with the crafty gene, and I would much rather have that one so I'll exploit it to no end.

On one of my recent Pinterest breaks, I found a fun tutorial for painting canning jars with chalk paint, then sealing them with a wax sealer.  In the blog, they also filled them with dirt and planted succulents.  Apparently, chalk paint and succulents are two really "in" things right now, so I feel super sly knowing that I'm on that bandwagon.

I decided these would make fun Mother's Day gifts so I fixed up a half dozen and gave them away to my Moms, my daughter and a couple of other special ladies in my life. I also made my own cards, using a burlap print that I had created the week before.  The combinations were a hit, and here's how it all turned out:

I added the burlap "ribbon" for an extra rustic touch.








I had a few plants leftover, so I potted them in these blue insulators, which fit perfectly in this scrap from one of the many pallets in our stock pile.


I used this printed burlap piece (available in our Etsy shop), reduced it, and adhered it to the front of a folded piece of card stock to create the "perfect" Mother's Day card.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...